PSI advises pet owners to ask seven important questions when interviewing any potential pet sitter:
1. Does the pet sitter have the proper business license for your city or state?
2. Is the pet sitter (and any staff sitters) insured and bonded?
3. Can the pet sitter provide proof of clear criminal history?
4. Does the pet sitter provide client references?
5. Will the pet sitter use a pet-sitting services agreement or contract?
6. Has the pet sitter participated in pet-care training, such as pet first aid?
7. Is the pet sitter a member of a professional and educational association, such as Pet Sitters International?
To learn more about PSI or becoming a professional pet sitter, visit http://www.petsit.com.